Rights to participate:
- traditional wooden boats with 1/3 sail (lugsail, vela al terzo) and lateen sail
- boats up to 5.20 m with sail surface area 16 m2 ± 1 m2
- boats over 5.21 m (Sampierote type batana and others)
- boats of Topo type up to 6 m and sail surface area from 23 m2 ± 1 m2
- boats of Topo type over 6 m
- boats with lateen sails
- regatta regulations I.S.A.F. 2005-2008
- class regulations: this invitation and instructions for sailing
- waters of Rovinj, according to the accompanying drawings of sailing instructions
- all boats start at the same time,
- 5 minutes before the start the Regatta Committee’s boat will hoist up the ‘K’ flag from the International Code of Signals,
- 4 minutes before the start the Regatta Committee’s boat will hoist up the ‘i’ flag from the International Code of Signals – and that means that the rule of the last minute will be in force (around the perimeters),
- 1 minute before the start the Regatta Committee’s boat will hoist up the ‘i’ flag from the International Code of Signals – meaning that all boats which are located over the start line must return to the pre-start side around one of the perimeters (i.e. around the buoys or around the Regatta Committee’s boat).
- lowering of the ‘K’ flag of the International Code of Signals,
- all signals will be, if possible, followed by a series of audio signals, visual signals are actuating.
- in the case of delays the Regatta’s Committee boat will hoist up the ‘codex’ flag of the International Code of Signals – with two audio signals,
- lowering of the ‘codex’ flag marks that the start procedure will begin in 1 minute.
- the Regatta Committee has the right, if it deems necessary, to shorten the regatta’s course at any turning point (buoy, island) with the hoisting up of the ‘S’ flag from the International Code of Signals with two audio signals.
- if one or more sailboats are on the start line of the regatta course during the last minute before the start, they will be recalled. On the Regatta Committee boat the ‘X’ flag of the International Code of Signals will be hoisted up with two audio signals (after the start signal). Sailboats which were over the start line must return to the pre-start side around the perimeters.
- if many sailboats are on the start line before the start signal, the Regatta Committee will recall all sailboats so that on the Regatta Committee boat will be hoisted up the ‘1st Sub’ flag of the International Code of Signals with two audio signals. All sailboats must return to the pre-start side and wait. The start procedure will be repeated.
- according to the regulations of the I.S.A.F. 2005-2008 with a fee of 200 kunas. The protest for the division of groups will not be accepted. An objection to the Regatta Committee’s decision is not foreseen.
- participants take part in the regatta at their risk and responsibility in every respect.
- the organiser and Regatta Committee take no responsibility for any damage that may occur to persons or things before, during and after the regatta.
- the Regatta Committee will be appointed at the beginning of June of the current year
- for all information contact the Sailing Club ‘Maestral’ tel./fax. +385 52 813 476 or the Eco-museum ‘House of Batana’ +385 52 812 593
- contact people: Alvise Benussi, mob. +385 989220023; Marino Budicin, mob. +385 98435077; Riccardo Bosazzi mob. +385 98379562